COVID-19 Event Protocols
In an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Dairy Arts Center has enacted the following protocols and procedures for in-person events including increased precautions to keep our artistic community safe.
The Dairy Arts Center is operating under the Boulder County 5 Star Variance Certification program.
This program encourages businesses to implement safety measures beyond what is already required by public health orders and guidelines that will help slow the spread of COVID-19. In doing so, certified businesses will be able to accelerate their reopening. 5 Star certification reassures employees and customers that businesses are adhering to enhanced guidance.
Depending on where their county falls on the COVID-19 dial, certified (inspected and compliant with the program’s criteria) businesses are eligible for less restrictive capacity caps and may be allowed to operate one level below the county’s current state COVID dial level if the county’s public health metrics meet certain requirements. The public health metrics are based on the dial:
- A two-week incidence in the appropriate dial level for all of the past 7 days
- A two-week percent positivity in the appropriate dial level for all of the past 7 days
- Under 90% of regional ICU beds in use, and days of stable or declining hospitalizations in the past two weeks in the appropriate dial level
For more information or to file a complaint, visit: https://boulderchamber.com/boco-5-star-launch/
The Dairy Arts Center requires that all visitors wear a mask with the exception of when they are eating or drinking.
To control the spread of COVID-19 and implement contact tracing protocols, all events at the Dairy Arts Center are ticketed, reserved seating. Depending on the event, seats may be assigned in advance or upon your arrival. All public events require social distancing. Please note the following seating plans for indoor events:
MacMillan Family Lobby: Cabaret Seating, Socially Distanced
Dairy Galleries: Unseated, Socially Distanced with limited capacities
Gordon Gamm Theater: Reserved Seating, Socially Distanced*
*The Dairy Arts Center Ticketing System uses AUTO DISTANCING to maintain a 6ft or more distance between parties by enforcing a consistent number of seats skipped between each party. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grace Gamm Theater: Private Events/Rentals Only; No Public Seating
Boedecker Theater: Private Events/Rentals Only; No Public Seating
Carsen Theater: Private Events/Rentals Only; No Public Seating
The Boulder County 5 Star Program requires that we screen all visitors as an added safety precaution. Symptom screening requires consists of three parts:
- Collecting contact information from at least one person per party and recording the party’s seating assignment. This is done at the time of your ticket purchase/reservation
- Screening each member of your party (by verbal Y/N answer) for exposure* to confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the last 14 days. *Exposure (Close physical contact) is defined as being within 6 feet of an infected/symptomatic person for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period starting from 48 hours before illness onset (or, for asymptomatic individuals, 48 hours prior to test specimen collection).
IMPORTANT: ANSWER “NO” IF YOU ARE FULLY VACCINATED
- Screening each member of your party (by verbal Y/N answer) for COVID-19 symptoms at the time arrival including temperature check using a touchless thermometer. Visitors will be asked if they have experienced any of the following symptoms in the past 48 hours:
- fever or chills
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- muscle or body aches
- new loss of taste or smell
- sore throat
- congestion or runny nose
- nausea or vomiting
Add your your phone to CO Exposure Notifications, Colorado’s official state COVID-19 exposure alert system
Learn more: CO Exposure Notifications FAQs
The Dairy Arts Center has improved indoor air quality in the following ways:
- Installing MERV-13 filters
- Ensuring ventilation system is actively running during business hours
- Allowing increased fresh air circulation directly through HVAC system and opening doors where possible
The Dairy Arts Center has improved cleanliness through the following measures:
- Increased sanitization of high touch areas using EPA approved disinfectants
- All electronics cleaned with 70% alcohol solution after each use
- Hand sanitizer available to the public in each space
We recognize the importance of health and safety during the ongoing evolution of Covid-19 and will gladly refund or exchange tickets for on-site and in person-events only for any reason with no added fees until further notice. If you are experiencing any COVID symptoms or believe you may have come into contact with COVID, please do not attend an on-site or in-person event. We will refund your ticket or offer an exchange for a future event. Please note, this exception does not apply to virtual events. Contact email@example.com for more information.