You can help make art happen at the Dairy Arts Center by volunteering your free time. We have a variety of opportunities for volunteers to help with performances, films, gallery exhibitions, and special events. If you are interested in becoming a new volunteer please fill out the Volunteer Information Form below.
For any questions about volunteering please contact:
The Dairy Arts Center Volunteer Manager | email@example.com | 2590 Walnut St. Boulder, CO 80302
EVENT SECURITY SERVICES
The Event Security Services position maintains a safe, secure, and welcoming environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and providing event support by greeting and directing patrons of the Dairy Arts Center.
Security Duties and Responsibilities:
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property
- Monitors surveillance equipment as needed
- Inspects all access points
- Uses de-escalation tactics for disruptions and alerting authorities when needed
- Maintains regular contact with front of house staff and manager on duty
- Completes regular reports including observations, information, incidents, and surveillance activities; interviews witnesses as needed
- Directs event traffic and parking as needed
Greeter Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcomes all patrons to the Dairy Arts Center
- Directs traffic within the building and answers frequently asked questions
- Remains visible and accessible to patrons, staff, and clients
- Makes informational lobby announcements
- Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- CPR/AED Certification
- Verbal De-escalation Training
- Proven work experience as a security guard or relevant position
- Background in customer service or hospitality
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to maintain a calm, authoritative stance
- Quick thinking and action oriented
- A customer-oriented attitude – you jump right in if you see that someone is lost or needs assistance
- Problem-solving aptitude – your instinct is to investigate solutions without being asked
- Ability to work well with a team – you value the success of everyone
- Alertness – you stay focused and avoid distractions
- Accountability – you value honesty and personal responsibility
- Communicates clearly with courteous authority
- Demonstrate commitment to the mission of the Dairy.
The Event Security Event Services will work out of the Dairy Arts Center’s office, located at 2590 Walnut Street
The Event Security Services position is part-time, starting at $15/hour.
Nighttime and weekend availability required. Weekday flexibility and daytime staff meeting attendance as necessary.
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter and three references to Shay Wescott, Senior Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. NO phone calls please.
PATRON SERVICE ASSOCIATE
The Patron Service Associate is responsible for providing excellent customer service to all patrons and renters of the Dairy by anticipating needs, solving problems and maintaining a positive, friendly attitude in any situation.
- Display excellent judgment and initiative in stressful situations.
- Strong multitasking skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Able to solve problems with minimal supervision.
- Able to perform under pressure and maintain good public relations etiquette.
- Consistently provide friendly guest service and hospitality.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft and Google Applications.
- Core Computer competencies
- Previous experience with POS ticketing system.
- Experience handling food and serving drinks in busy, fast-paced scenarios.
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 50 pounds.
Ability to operate basic audio-visual equipment and willingness to learn to operate more complex cinema projection and sound systems
- Requires a very flexible schedule; must be available nights, weekends and holidays.
- Act as a point of contact for event volunteers.
- Assist patrons in finding the appropriate theater, their seats, locating the restroom and ADA ramp, and refreshments at the Polk Café.
- Display a commitment to the Dairy’s mission and standard of excellence.
- Motivated to anticipate the needs of renters and patrons.
- Encourage audience engagement with upcoming programs/events.
- Assist in other tasks assigned by Executive Director or Front of House manager.
The Patron Service Associate position is part-time and starts at $11/hour plus tips. Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter and three references to email@example.com . NO phone calls please.
About the Dairy Arts Center:
The Dairy Arts Center is a 501C3 nonprofit organization.
The Dairy Arts Center connects a dynamic and diverse community to create inspiring and engaging experiences in the performing, cinematic and visual arts.
The Dairy Arts Center provides Equal Employment Opportunity to qualified applicants without regards to race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, ability, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, parental status, veteran status, or genetics.
2019 Awardees: The Pavlova Project AscenDance, “New Heights… Dancing on the Walls that Divide Us” Ginga, “Americana Meets Brazil” Museo de las Americas
The Dairy Arts Center’s Visual Arts Program is currently seeking proposals for individual sculptural works of art, for display on the Dairy’s Palmer Terrace.
ABOUT THE DAIRY ARTS CENTER AND THE DAIRY GALLERIES
Founded in 1992, the Dairy Arts Center is a multi-disciplinary, not-for-profit, cultural arts organization housed in the historic Watts-Hardy Dairy building in Boulder, Colorado. The Dairy’s building was operational as a dairy storage and processing plant in the 1960’s and 70’s. Since 1997, when the Dairy Arts Center’s original three galleries were built, the Dairy’s visual arts program has grown in recognition throughout Colorado and the United States. A major renovation of the building, which took place August 2015 – August 2016, provided a fourth gallery along with improved lighting,exhibition facilities, and equipment in the existing galleries. Each year, the Dairy hosts over 200,000 arts experiences for people of all ages who come to experience visual art exhibitions, lectures, and art workshops, as well as theater and music performances and film screenings.