KIDS AT THE DAIRY
Kids at the Dairy is an arts education program designed to introduce Title I Schools in Boulder County to live performances across multiple art disciplines, while closing the achievement gap and making access to the arts more available to at-risk children. 65% of participating students are enrolled in the free/reduced lunch program.
Goals of Kids at The Dairy:
- Increase arts education opportunities for students from Title I schools in the Boulder Valley School District. We have provided interdisciplinary arts activities for over 1,200 students since the program’s beginning in 2014.
- Upsurge literacy for Title I students. Part of the program includes providing the students with a developmentally appropriate book that is directly connected to their arts experiences at the Dairy.
- Provide no-cost access to arts education experiences for Title I students. The Kids at the Dairy program is entirely underwritten (including transportation) so that there is no cost to the schools and students participating.
Title I Schools that have participated:
- Whittier Elementary
- Alicia Sanchez Elementary
- Escuela Bilingue Pioneer Elementary
- University Hill Elementary
- Columbine Elementary
- Creekside Elementary
Number of Children Impacted:
Since Kids at the Dairy’s beginning in February 2014, we have completed 19 different programs, impacting over 1,200 kindergartners in the Boulder Valley School District.
Collaborators, Sponsors and Individual Donors:
Barrio E’, McTeggart Irish Dancers, Gregg Tobo, Peter Davis on, Grupo Chegando La